Someone who achieves personal goals, safe in the knowledge that it was simply due to their own hard work.
He’s Welsh but we don’t hold that against him at all. He works for a bank, but we aren’t gonna hold that against him either. Gareth Wilce is a sports enthusiast, fervently supports the Welsh Rugby Union and can be frequently found at a sports bar cheering on his favourite team with his mates.
AM: If you could pick up any skill, what would it be? Why?
GW: To do magic card tricks! It didn’t seem like it when I was child growing up in Wales, but its cool.... and I’m slightly jealous!
AM: What was your last Facebook/Twitter/Instagram post about?
GW: Aside from the latest holiday photos, I believe it would have been a comment about the Welsh rugby team doing particularly well recently...
· I grew up in a Welsh town called Cwmbran, and I spent a considerable amount of my teenage years delivering newspapers.
· At 6am each morning, I'd drag my pet dog with me and I'd fight against either the wind, rain or snow, wrapped up in numerous layers of jumpers and coats.
· Those were many cold hours of daydreaming... and reading in the newspapers about all the places in the world that I wanted to see, experience, live in and conquer.
· However, my newspaper wages were only going to get me so far. I eventually moved on and via an aerosol factory, music festivals, ferry boats and many long nights working at bars. I finally managed to catch my first flight just after university.
· I've now been to quite a few of those places that I read about in the newspapers, and have been lucky to actually call a few of them home.
· However, each experience has been defined by what I, all those cold winter mornings ago, probably overlooked. And that is the amazing people that I've shared all of these places with.
· My girlfriend and I now call Singapore our home, and the adventure continues. I hope you enjoy watching my A-Lister experience.