Chivas brand ambassador, Jasper Epsom teaches us how to craft some Chivas cocktails – a much needed skill during the lockdown. These days being stuck at home, it’s difficult to head out and get a cocktail to soothe ourselves, although you may be able to order some, there’s nothing more fulfilling than crafting a drink to your exact own liking.
The two offerings below are relatively simple to make, and you most likely already have all the required ingredients at home. Without further a due, let’s check out these simple Chivas cocktails you can make at home.
1. The Chivas High Ball
What you need:
50ml Chivas Mizunara
Soda water (to your liking)
A lemon peel (optional)
A tall glass
1. Pour in 50ml of Chivas Mizunara into a tall glass.
2. Fill the glass with ice right up to the top – “Ice keeps ice, nice!”
3. Add soda water. For a more potent mix, lessen the soda, for something more refreshing, add more soda. It’s all up to you!
4. Stir your concoction.
5. Twist the lemon peel over your drink to help bring out the citrus notes of the whisky, then drop it in.
There you have it, the perfect Chivas Regal Mizunara High Ball.
2. The Chivas Whisky Sour
What you need:
60ml Chivas Regal 18 YO
30ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
15ml of sugar syrup
25ml of egg white (optional)
A dash of Angostura bitters
1. Pour in all ingredients into the shaker. If you’re vegan, or dislike the idea of adding egg to your drink, you can exclude it – but you’ll lose the creamy texture of the whisky sour.
2. Shake all the liquids to emulsify the egg white and bring all the ingredients together.
3. Add ice into the shaker, and shake for another round.
4. Pour out the drink over a strainer, into your glass filled with ice.
5. Add a splash of Angostura bitters for some complexity.
6. Express some juicy oils from the orange zest over the top of the drink, then drop it in.
7. Enjoy responsibly.