Here’s why Honda’s new CR-V is an excellent choice of transportation:
1. It looks like something a mecha anime penciller might have drawn. Straight edges, blocky proportions, too much chrome. And not entirely unattractive.
2. Drivers can choose from four engine variants: 1.5L Turbocharged Premium 2WD, 4WD, and a regular 2WD. There’s also a 2.0L naturally aspirated engine.
3. Top quality suspension. Using the familiar Mac-Pherson strut-front and multi-link rear suspension set-up, it comes with stabilizer bars with bushings that are filled with fluid. This eliminates a ton of road noise and vibration for a driving experience that gives European badges a run for their money.
4. Early reports say Straight Driving Assist & Agile Handling Assist make steering sharp, responsive and easy to park on a slope.
5. When it comes to spacious and utilitarian interiors, no one beats the Japanese. Fold-flat rear seats offer a total of 1.084 litres of storage.
6. It’s comprehensively equipped with LED headlights, black combination leather seats, walk-away auto door locking, keyless entry with push-start, paddle shifters, and rear air-conditioning.
With prices ranging from RM 142,400 to RM 167,700, it’s a superb vehicle for hauling family, friends, and the occasional kitchen sink. And as commonplace as they might be on local roads, Honda is one of the few car companies that bother to ask what their buyers want and respond accordingly. Definately my next port of call when it comes to an up-grade.