The best way to start November (also referred to as Movember or No-shave November) is with a clean-shaven mien. And you want to do this without enduring any hair snagging, razor burn, or a rough finish. Nor do you want to suffer those nicks and cuts that a poor shave can deal. One of the best ways to do this is with Philips’ S9000 Prestige electric shaver.
We’ll be honest. We were sceptical when we heard its grandiose claims of delivering a luxurious experience with a super-close shave. But we were proven wrong as it managed to easily deliver exactly what it promised right from the get-go.
The premium device achieved that with a clever combination of high-tech features such as:
– NanoTech precision blades: To capture and slice each hair close to the skin to give a razor-like finish. The blades’ nano technology also helps with prolonging their efficacy.
- – SkinComfort rings: Imbued with protective metallic pigments, the anti-friction coating eliminates discomfort and delivers a silky smooth glide without scraping any skin off.
- – ContourDetect heads: These multi-directional rotary flex heads complement the blades’ action by closely tracing facial contours, resulting in a clean finish.
- – BeardAdapt sensor: Senses hair density, adjusting the shaver’s speed for ultimate comfort without compromising on efficiency.
- These aspects have not only proven to result in a super close shave sans irritation, regrowth is also more comfortable as we observed fewer bumps and ingrown hairs compared to other electric shavers we’ve tried.
- Furthermore, the brand has crafted the device with improved ergonomics (rubberised details and comfortable hold), giving us an effortlessly secure grip. The device’s ease of use is also a winning point – a combination of the simple on/off button (to get the device running) and the +/- button (to adjust the device’s speed accordingly). We also like the Qi-charging pad (first electric shaver in Singapore to do this, by the way), which not only looks handsome on our bathroom counter but also charges our device without messy wire clutter.
The Art of the Shave
- You’re perfectly fine using it dry – mow and go. But we prefer to take on a more therapeutic approach instead. This includes preparing our facial hair with a conditioning shaving balm. It helps to soften the hairs, making shaving much less of a hassle, before employing the S9000 Prestige to do its job. We suggest using one infused with aromatic essential oils such as sandalwood, vetiver and/or neroli for a calming and steadying effect, while we mentally prep for the day. We finish the grooming journey with an alcohol-free aftershave (this helps to seal the follicles while strengthening the skin), before putting the S9000 Prestige back on the Qi-charging pad and diving into Movember with class.
Connect With Yourself: A Movember Special video
The Philips Shaver S9000 Prestige retails for SGD549, and is available at leading electronics stores, and major department stores.